These Special Terms and Conditions are to be read in conjunction with LocalCom’ Particulars and Standard Terms and Conditions.
1.1 NBNCo Access services supplied by LocalCom are completed on a separate fibre link for FTTP type accesses and on the existing copper pair for FTTN type accesses if not requested to install as “new service” .
1.2 You acknowledge and agree that LocalCom is unable to provide or continue to provide the Service to You if the location of Your Premises changes without notice.
In the event You do change the location of the Premises, the existing service will be terminated and any applicable cancellation charges will apply.
You can then submit a new application for a new service for the new premises and the relevant new application charges and new terms and conditions are applicable.
1.3 You acknowledge and agrees that excessive use of internet peer-to-peer file exchanges may cause network congestion and performance deterioration. Therefore LocalCom has a right to, from time to time and at any time, limit Your internet bandwidth available for peer-to-peer file exchanges and or cancel Your service.
1.4 If a telephone service is also activated from another provider You acknowledge that while on the same infrastructure (Optical Fibre or NBN) that these are mutually exclusive services unless a fault with the infrastructure is detected onto which any service running on Fibre may be affected.
1.5 This type of service doesn’t come with priority SLAs, if the service is mission critical then a backup internet service highly recommended.
1.6 If the service were to cancel before the contract term then any discounted upfront fee to be payable as well as $250.00 early termination fee.
1.7 In delivering data services LocalCom deems that 1 gigabyte equals 1,000 megabytes and that 1 megabyte equals 1,000,000 bytes for the purposes of calculating usage.
1.8 Installation, 1st month pro rata and ongoing monthly access charges will be debited to Your bank account or credit card which they have provided to LocalCom at the time of Fibre or NBN application or subsequently changed via the Secure Users Facility on the following basis;
- Installation charge(s) debited on the date of advice from our wholesale supplier(s) of an estimated activation date.
- Pro rata (balance) of the first months access debited on the date of advice from our wholesale supplier(s) the Service has been activated.
- Subsequent monthly access charges are currently charged one month in advance either;
- on, or around, the 1st working day of each calendar month for that month. This date may change if any of our suppliers change the date in which they bill LocalCom for services; or
- advance on, or around 28th, for the billable period 28th of the month to the 27th of the next month. This date may change if any of our suppliers change the date in which they bill LocalCom for services.
- Any excess usage charges are debited:
- on, or around, the 1st working day of each calendar month following the month in which excess usage was incurred, per GB or part thereof.
- on, or about the 28th of the month, for the billable period 28th of the prior month to the 27th of the next month, in which excess usage was incurred, per GB or part thereof.
1.9 LocalCom may charge an amount of one dollar ($1.00) to Your bank account or credit card to make reasonably sure that You have legal control over one or more of Your payment methods. This charge will be applied in full as a credit to the first invoice obtained by You, or as soon as is practicable thereafter. If You cancel the service prior to the issue of the first invoice and no other fees or charges have been levied, then LocalCom will refund the verification charge in full.